We are very pleased to be able to return running events at Palmyra Dragway under an approved Outdoor Sports COVID Safe Plan.
We are allowed to run these events with some significant changes to the procedures to protect our participants, crew & most importantly our volunteer officials while still complying with the government health regulations.
These are difficult and unusual times for us all and the return to some on the track activities comes with extra responsibilities to both you the entrants and your crew as well as the committee of Palmyra Drag Racing Club, therefor your ability to ensure compliance with all the social distancing procedures, Hand Washing and exclusions if unwell is on all of us, there will be officials visiting to ensure we are all doing the right thing and there will be no grey area when ensuring the rules and regulations are carried to the letter. If you are found blatantly ignoring social distancing rules or our hygiene measure that are put in place you will be told to leave the facility immediately. Security will be onsite to help the volunteers manage the guidelines set out by Qld Government and Health Officials.
The only alternative to the conditions outlined below would be to keep our facility closed, which is something non of us want to happen!
We would appreciate your co-operation and understanding at this time, we do also encourage you all to download the COVIDSafe app
ENTER ONLINE HERE
Gates open at 3.00pm
Scruitineering open at 4.00pm
Racing: 5.00pm – 9.00pm
Class Rules & Info – including ET limits and licence requirements can be found here
Kids 15 & under are free, details of children will need to be included in your online entry to comply with tracing and maximum numbers allowed on site. Children’s details will need to be include on your ticket.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES!
- Every person entering Palmyra Dragway WILL CHECKIN VIA THE EVA Checkin QR code, if camping you will need to recheck in on the Saturday if entered Friday.
- All persons must stop at the gate on arrival, so our officials can ensure you checkin and give you your racers pack if racing.
- All RACER entries will be online only. If numbers allow we will sell racer entry’s at the gate however they will incur a $30 late fee!!
- Children 15 and under are admitted free and must be included with your details when checking in via the QR code at the gate. This is again a necessary step as every person onsite including children must be included in the clubs contact tracing form. It is the responsibility of the entrant that all children must abide by all social distancing rules and regulations the same as all other personnel.
- ONLINE ENTRYS, WILL CLOSE Wednesday before the event at 5.00pm.
- Competitors/crew must maintain a minimum of 1.5 meter distance from another competitors/crew throughout the facility including the staging lanes. Number of crew in each pit area is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure social distancing guidelines current at the time of the event are followed.
- Competitors/Crew are to remain with vehicle in staging lanes and maintain social distancing.
- To limit numbers in spectators areas Competitors/crew are asked to please return to your pit area once your run/pass has been completed.
- Abuse of officials and volunteers will not be tolerated.
- Entries will be available on a first in basis. Once our limit is met, we will not accept any more entries. If at the close of entries, we do not have enough to make the class/event viable we will cancel it and refund the entries received for that date only.
- If a class does not receive the minimum amount of numbers it may not be run or maybe combined with another class.
- Tickets will not be credited for any reason unless Palmyra Drag Racing club cancels the event or the entrant has a valid medical reason and Palmyra Drag racing club are notified via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, monies will be refunded minus a $5.00 administration fee.
- Entry to the facility is as per the schedule when the venue entrant gates is manned.
- Camping onsite is for entrants and crew only, social distancing requirements must be maintained, this is the responsibility of the entrant in his/her own pit areas. Entrants must advise organizers before event if they will be camping onsite to ensure Government guidelines can be met.
- NO BYO & NO ALCOHOL IN PIT AREA! If you are found with open tin of alcohol in the pit area during the event your armband will be removed and you will be asked to leave the facility.
- All participants including crew and PDRC Volunteers must practice personal hygiene and social distancing practices.
- If you have been overseas or a listed Hot Spot in the last 14 days or you have been in close contact with someone who already has the virus please stay at home!
- If you are feeling unwell please stay at home, as above if you advise us that you have a medical reason for not attending we will reimburse any monies paid.
More info can be found on our Facebook page
$60.00 Racer Entry FRIDAY ONLY ONLINE – (up until the Wednesday prior to the event)
$90.00 Racer on the day entry
$170.00 RACER Friday & Saturday ONLINE – (up until the Wednesday prior to the event)
$40.00 Junior Entry Friday ONLY
$20.00 Crew/Spectator Entry